Move over Rubik's Cube, there's a new puzzle in town. The Petaminx.
The beautifully designed and custom built Petaminx has almost 1,000 moving parts. Peta- actually means 1,000,000,000,000,000, although that number could refer to the endless number of solutions.
Based on Andrew Cormier's design (who's known for his Teraminx), this amazing dodecahedral puzzle took over two months to complete. 30 hours of that cleaning and sanding parts, and 6 hours applying stickers (1,212 in total).
And believe it or not, the Petaminx sold on eBay for $3,550!
Puzzle Forge has the complete DIY-project construction with photos [selected pics below]. Maybe you can top this one with a Zettaminx. Maybe even a Yottaminx.
If you're more of a solver than a builder, check out these HowTo's on the less complicated Megaminx puzzle, the forerunner to the Petaminx.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades