This article is a must read for all of you mediocre crossword enthusiasts who can only dream of meeting Will Shortz. (I put myself in this category.)
Like many other things in life, learning the conventions and short hand code is 50% of the challenge. And it is assuredly not about a crushing memory for encyclopedic events. A student from Rensselaer Tech, Tyler Hinman, has won the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament five times (first title at the young age of 20!).
*Perhaps the biggest asset of the guide is a comprehensive list of the most commonly used words in the New York Times crossword puzzle. Memorize these and you have one foot in the (Monday-Wednesday) door.*
Therefore, learn here the basic tricks of the trade, from this wonderful, albeit anal, outline of how to master the crossword puzzle.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades